That’s right, a new District 9 trailer is set to debut next week before the comedy ‘Bruno’ (this after the teaser without subtitles aired before ‘Year One’). This will be the second trailer (third if you count the first on with subtitles and the first one without subtitles as different trailers). JoBlo.com got a sneak-peak of the new trailer and I must say, it sounds pretty awesome.
The new trailer is said to be “much more action packed than the original teaser”. It gets a little more in-depth to the plot, as well as more action scenes. I recommend you check out the entire article, but here’s a quick excerpt:
– A human inside some kind of robotic suit. Kind of like IRON MAN meet Ripley’s Power Loader from ALIENS.
– Alien slaps a clipboard out of two government workers hands.
– An alien throws a government worker against some trash cans.
– That same suit and tie guy (SATG) thrashing on a medical table while some military guys try to hold him down.
– The robotic suit (it’s unclear if it’s a robot or human in the suit) makes a huge jump.
– “Find that freak.”
– SATG strapped upright to a table in what looks to be a helicopter. He has electrode pads all over his chest and head. He’s screaming. A close-up of his clenched fist (something metal attached to his wrist. While not said, it seems implied he might be in the middle of some kind of transformation.)
– That giant robot suit looking menacing.
– A pick-up truck smashes full speed into the robot suit.
– More action between robot suit, military forces and some cars. Robot suit is jumping and shooting. Big explosion.
– A soldier fires a rocket at an alien ship in the distance. Robot suit reaches up and deflects it.
– SATG lying in a decontaminate bag looking sickly.
– “It’s gonna be quick”
– An alien making a giant leap as soldiers try to track him.
– “it’s gonna be clean”
– SATG holding on to what seems to be an alien weapon, fires it at a human soldier. Looks like more of a pulse weapon than anything ballistic.
– An explosion at a government building
– “it’s gonna be quiet.”
Sounds pretty awesome to me! The only question I have is . . . why didn’t we get to screen it too?