So, by now, Comic-Con is in full swing and updates are pouring in constantly. Here’s the jist of what’s been happening so far:
- Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland teaser is now online.
- James Cameron’s epic AVATAR had it’s first footage screened yesterday, and, as expected, everyone loved it.
- After the footage was shown, James Cameron let out a doozy: on August 21st in 3D theaters everywhere, 15 minutes of AVATAR will be shown for free.
- In the Q&A for his new movie, The Book of Eli (a trailer is available here), Gary Oldman stated that, quote:
The next Batman is next year, so I think it is two years away. But you didn’t hear it from me.
- District 9 had it’s first screening last night, and has yielded positive responses by everyone who saw it.
- District 9 director Neil Blomkamp gave an update on the Halo movie, saying he’d rather work on his own ideas at this point, and that he’d probably turn the movie down if it was offered to him.
- At the District 9 panel, Peter Jackson and Neil gave some insight into the film, including “District 9 was made for the scifi fans and was never made to transcend – if it does, its a testament to the story” and “inspiration for aliens in District 9 was that they were insects who have lost their queen and evolved” (paraphrased quotes are direct from Kelsey’s Twitter)
- The Tron 2 (now known as TRON Legacy) teaser trailer that was shown last year is now available.
- Speaking of TRON Legacy, Disney had quite a unique viral game for the movie last night.
- And we have to mention New Moon, i guess. Two clips were shown and leaked online, but I recommend turning your sound down when watching. Despite all the screaming girls, the clips looked pretty solid.
So, those are the biggest things to pop out of Comic-Con thus far. Remember to follow our Comic-Con reporters, Rose and Kelsey, who will both be appearing as very special guests on this weeks ViralCast!