Last month, we told you about WelcomeToRekall.com, the viral website for this summer’s sci-fi action remake Total Recall. The website is home to Rekall, a company that implants memories so that you can have a vacation without actually going anywhere or wasting any time. Now you can actually see how that vacation will look with personalized videos for each experience. Details after the break.
There are ten experiences to choose from, though as we explained before, the last one, “Astronaut”, actually just brings up a video of Doug Quaid (Colin Farrell) warning you about Rekall. When you choose any of the other nine experiences, you get a personalized video detailing the events of your adventure, using data from Facebook. Then, you can share the video through Twitter or Facebook, as well as enter into some pretty cool sweepstakes related to the subject matter. Check out my Secret Agent experience here. Below is a list of what you could win by participating.
– The Sports Anchor winner will spend the day at ESPN headquarters to get the full experience of a day in studio, provided by ESPN
– The Rock Star winner will hang with Green Day, attend a sound check and receive backstage access provided by Pandora
– The Fashionista winner will meet Heidi Klum and her stylist in Los Angeles, sponsored by AOL
– The Secret Agent winner will attend the Stiletto Spy School or the MI6 Academy, sponsored by Yahoo! Movies
– The UFC Champion winner, sponsored by UFC, will train with pro fighters and sit octagonside with the trainer
– The Celebrity winner will live like a celebrity in Los Angeles and attend a red carpet event, sponsored by Wonderwall
– The DJ winner will receive DJ lessons from a high-profile DJ, sponsored by Complex
– The Video Gamer winner will travel to Microsoft headquarters to meet a game developer and receive the chance to battle it out with a pro, sponsored by Microsoft
– And the Millionaire winner will receive 1,000,000 Sony Rewards points, sponsored by Sony Rewards. With Sony Rewards, members can get rewarded for doing the things they already love – like going to the movies, playing games, sharing and more. The points can be used to redeem for the latest Sony electronics, movies, music and games – and even once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
Also, Columbia Pictures is bringing Total Recall to San Diego Comic-Con in the form of a special kiosk where users will be able to choose their Rekall experience and receive a photo badge of themselves experiencing the Rekall-provided memory.
Total Recall is an action thriller about reality and memory, inspired anew by the famous short story “We Can Remember It For You Wholesale” by Philip K. Dick. Welcome to Rekall, the company that can turn your dreams into real memories. For a factory worker named Douglas Quaid (Colin Farrell), even though he’s got a beautiful wife (Kate Beckinsale) whom he loves, the mind-trip sounds like the perfect vacation from his frustrating life – real memories of life as a super-spy might be just what he needs. But when the procedure goes horribly wrong, Quaid becomes a hunted man. Finding himself on the run from the police – controlled by Chancellor Cohaagen (Bryan Cranston) – there is no one Quaid can trust, except possibly a rebel fighter (Jessica Biel) working for the head of the underground resistance (Bill Nighy). The line between fantasy and reality gets blurred and the fate of his world hangs in the balance as Quaid discovers his true identity, his true love, and his true fate. The film is directed by Len Wiseman. The screenplay is by Kurt Wimmer and Mark Bomback and the screen story is by Ronald Shusett & Dan O’Bannon and Jon Povill and Kurt Wimmer. Total Recall opens in theaters on August 3rd.