Is Daniel Craig about to score a payday worthy of a Bond Villain?
IF you believe the rumour mill..Daniel Craig is set for a record £150 million pay day as James Bond..to make two films, back to back.
That works out at around £75 million per film.
It sounds ludicrous: Bond is bigger than any actor; Craig cannot open a movie without Bond etc.
And yet..Consider these points:
- first Bond actor to score a Billion dollar hit; follow up outing does almost as well;
- He’s a co-producer / involved in development and these things take a LOT of work: inception, drafting, planning, development, keeping the bod in top condition, shooting, re-shoots, marketing / promotion..
- Jason Bourne and Mission:Impossible continue doing well with the same lead actors in the role; recasting is expensive and always a giant risk.
- It’s just inflation (would probably have put him in the controversial £20 million a movie club back in 1995 monies?)
- And..contrary to popular belief..there really isn’t a successor that as yet strongly screams out ‘it must be me not Craig’
- Takes him to 52. Then Done. Enables the proper Blofeld trilogy, too..go dark again in next one then end on an all time high..
Will he take the money and run/shoot/jump again? Time will tell. You simply never know with Bond until something is official.