The Polit-Flix Podcast. Episode One.
James Murphy (Show-Host and Editor in Chief, Movie-Viral).
With Special Guests:
Terry Bamber (Second Unit Assistant Director, Assistant Director, Production Manager: various, inc The JAMES BOND series).
Lorella McDonald (Expert on Aesthetics in film and Production Design).
Dave Bond (Podcasting Master, inc ‘Do You Expect us To Talk’: a weekly retrospective series).
Discussion Items include:
- The British Elections and what to learn from the surprise results in the context of movie marketing.
- The perceived failure of the ‘Dark Universe’ initiative at Universal Studios but also the great work of Mr Tom Cruise.
- The Life and work of the late, great Sir Roger Moore (RIP).
- Lord and Miller sacked from the Han Solo movie, replaced by Ron Howard. What does that say about ‘creative freedom’ as a director on a franchise picture?
- SKYFALL and DARK KNIGHT RISES: Revisiting two brilliant deconstructions and summaries of a hero’s identity, in the context of patriotism, politics and our current need for the ‘Feel Good Factor’.
Collegiate. Compassionate. Communicative. Clarity!
Already: plans are in place for parts two and beyond and naturally those will be a better affair. We will assemble a team of guests, review some soon to be recent news /current affairs items in politics and film and then proceed to a specific discussion of a movie series.
Next up is the Tom Clancy /Jack Ryan franchise, soon to be resurrected with both an Amazon series and a film of Rainbow Six at Paramount. If you have any comments, queries or contributions: just drop us a line c/o our Facebook page and we’d be happy to hear from YOU!
We’s love to hear about charitable initiatives and causes that perhaps could use a plug or a quick representation on the show. And yes..advertorials remain welcome, as always!
Meantime, and without further ado, here is the first podcast episode of Polit-Flix. Yes, the sound quality may vary in places but it’s audible, intelligible and above all: entertaining, even educative?
We hope to become to the Third Way what BreitBart is to the alt-right. With Movies thrown in 😉
And this is only the first step..’Enjoy’. And Thank you for listening..