Actually. No. Let’s not.
I know I said no more politics or satire. I lied. Sorry.
And yes this is UK-Centric. But it’s also ‘viral’. In so far as the clips will be circulated, widely. Put simply, PM’s former spokesperson stuffed up, big time.
Allegra Stratton is a spin queen. Or she was, until today. Footage has emerged of her laughing about a Christmas party which should not have been held. And yes, that IS bad. I get it. GROSSLY insensitive.
But what is equally, to my mind, anyway, quite scary / frustrating /annoying /worrying?…
- This is ONE story. It occupied almost an entire news broadcast.
- There is nothing brave or new / news worthy in going after the girl.
- A witch hunt will follow. Allegra will be seen as a sacrificial lamb to be fed to the hungry masses. She may even have to go into hiding. A ‘let them eat cake’ figure, despite all those out there, guilty of far worse, who will never get this kind of scrutiny.
- WHY did Boris hire her? She does not look up to the job. Yes, pleasant and cute. But not worth a big salary / strategic post?
- WHY DOES BORIS HAVE A CLONE OF THE WHITE HOUSE PRESS BRIEFING ROOM? We are NOT America. And the USA only needs centralised press briefings because of its sheer size, scale and importance. This is vanity, distraction, folly and fantasy.
- WHO is consistently releasing footage of Tory personnel caught in the wrong place and time? First Hancock had that cock up (literally?). Now this. Someone is filming, holding and sharing footage?
- The UK is facing two storms. Downed power lines. The possible march of Omicron. Brexit. Inflation. Crime. I find it a BIT odd that the leader of HM Opposition and the news media with that, are turning ALL attention to this one gaffe by one girl.
- In the leaked footage? THEY ARE COACHING THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO BE THE SPIN COACH. Think about that.
- Ask why the PM hired her at all. Why he forked out monies on a pointless press room. And why nobody, be they in government, opposition or main news media, has any real substance in their lines of prosecution anymore? Imho, of course.
Here endeth my rant.