If you are passionate about movies, you probably know all the new releases coming your way through 2022. We share with you the most anticipated movies of 2022
The movie business is an ever-evolving and dynamic industry, which means that there are always new movies coming out. From time to time, we also see a resurgence in old genres or the emergence of themes that we haven’t seen much of until that point.
There are certain tropes or concepts that tend to be more popular at certain moments in history, which makes the movie business cyclical in nature. Some decades have a surplus of one type of film while other decades have a dearth. The same can be said about individual years.
There are times when studios green-light more horror movies than usual, for example, and vice versa with action movies. At any given moment, therefore, there’s some type of movie or subgenre that’s booming and others that aren’t as popular as they used to be.
What Can We Expect From Movies Over The Next 5 Years?
As with any industry that has a cyclical nature, the past decade’s trends will largely determine what we see from the film business in the next five years. A general sense of where things are trending and what’s popular right now is a good place to start when trying to predict the future of films.
The first thing that stands out is that we’re in the midst of a superhero renaissance. The Marvel Cinematic Universe films have been on the go for a decade, but other studios have been trying to catch up.
The DC Extended Universe films have been around for the last five years, the first Avengers film came out a decade ago, and even some of the lesser-known studios like Sony and Fox have been trying to get in on the action. The Marvel films are still the most anticipated of the bunch, but there are still others that are worth keeping an eye on.
People who enjoy watching and betting on sports may do so on secure sportsbook websites. There are several sports betting sites where you may open an account and begin betting.
Which Movies Are Currently In Development?
The following films are currently in development, although there isn’t much information available about their progress at this time. They may or may not be released in the next five years, and they may be released in a different form than their original conception.
- The Expendables 4 – This movie is currently in development by Lionsgate and has a projected release date of 2023.
- The Fantastic Voyage – This film is directed by James Cameron and is a remake of the 1966 film of the same name.
- Gears of War – An adaptation of the video game of the same name, this film is currently in development at Universal.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – This film, based on the play of the same name, is currently in development and is set to star Jamie Bell and Robert Pattinson.
- Journey to the Center of the Earth – This film is a sequel to the 2008 film of the same name, and it is directed by Eric Brevig.
- Minecraft – An animated film based on a video game of the same name is currently in development.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street – This film is a remake of the 1984 film of the same name and is being directed by Samuel Bayer.
- The Rocketeer – This film is a sequel to the 1991 film of the same name and is being directed by J.D. Payne and Patrick Wachowski.
- The SpongeBob Movie – This film is a sequel to the 2004 film of the same name, and is being directed by Tim Hill.
- Star Trek – This film is being directed by S.J. Clarkson is a reboot of the 2001 film of the same name.
- The Time Machine – This film is a remake of the 2002 film of the same name and is being directed by Simon Wells.
- Willy Wonka – This is an adaptation of the 1971 film of the same name and is being directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson.
Comic Book Movies Are Still Going Strong
While we’re in the midst of a superhero renaissance, it’s worth mentioning that comic book films are still going strong. In fact, they’re even more prevalent than they were a decade ago, with many studios releasing films based on comics at any given moment.
Even the studios that don’t have their own comic book characters to adapt are frequently producing films based on other studios’ properties. This is an indication that studios are looking to diversify their offerings, which is important. There are, of course, some comic book films that are more anticipated than others.
Disney and Pixar Are Collaborating On New Projects
While nothing is set in stone yet, there have been plenty of rumors about Disney joining forces with Pixar for more projects. It wouldn’t be surprising to see more crossovers like the Incredibles 2 or a Toy Story 4 sequel.
On the Disney front, it wouldn’t be shocking to see a sequel to Wreck-It Ralph or Big Hero 6, though those projects may be a long way off. There are also rumors that a
The movie business is an ever-evolving and dynamic industry, which means that there are always new movies coming out. Every year, there are new movies that come from different genres and topics. However, some films become so anticipated that everyone talks about them months before they come out. There have been many memorable and successful movies released by studios in the last few years.