Yep. You heard it here, first!
Another day. Another next 007 rumour. In this case, though? I SUPPORT IT! I LOVE IT! I even cited it as a natural fit, months ago.
WHY TAYLOR JOHNSON AS BOND = PERFECT SENSE:
- Right age. 32. That’s enough time to develop his first outing in the next two years and gives him a run of 10-15 years, with less pressure to run against the clock to release every 2 years til he ages out.
- He is a name but not an obvious choice. This news of his being in the running is a surprise.
- A star, for sure, but without baggage of already being Superman or a n other franchise hero.
- Familiar with big budget studio fare yet equally at home in independent efforts. EON PRODUCTIONS/MGM/AMAZON therefore an ideal match for Aaron?
- GREAT at brutal action and scary with that. Remember: Bond is a villain who happens to work for the goodies.
- Equally, Taylor Johnson can be soft, vulnerable, heroic, elegant, classy and looks great in a suit!
- Solid transatlantic appeal. Nice chap. Creative. Loves his lovely wife. Will ‘play the game’ as a kind of brand ambassador.
- Looks like Roger Moore. Fights like George Lazenby. Moves like Connery. Suave like Brosnan. Intense like Dalton. And unpexpected, like Craig. Perect fit, surely?
I ENDORSE THIS CHOICE. IF IT HAPPENS!