DC’s Cinematic Universe Continues, Apace. With its Queen, Priestess, Warrior, Goddess, Diana, Taking the Lead
What do we now know about WONDER WOMAN 1984?
- It’s camp. High camp. With a cherry on top. Deliciously theatrical fun.
- There is plenty of nostalgia; continuing the cinematic franchise trend of the last decade whereby the year is a kind of character / plot device in itself (see also, the recent X Men films?).
- Pedro Pascal looks to be the baddie? Is he a BIT of a Biff Tannen / not in ANY WAY AT ALL a take on Trump type? Looks that way.
- Chris Pine back in action and great to see him in the genre again; romantic/ vulnerable /lost yet still tough, cool, commanding.
- Gal Gadot looking impossibly sexy, cool, compelling and convincing in action, including new outfits.
- Genuinely ambitious action beats; very Spielberg / Raiders of the Lost Ark (v apt for a 1980s tribute piece).
Solid follow up to the first film, it seems, whilst incorporating some of the style and fun of the TV show, too?
Opens next year; more coverage when we know more details. Exciting Times!