As Joe finally gets his shot at playing Mr President, we look back at his big screen counterparts..
It’s easy to be President on paper. Especially when it’s a script with a set outcome. That said, there are still certain actors who have pulled off the role with a special aplomb. In no particular order and by no means an exhaustive list..but here we go..
- Donald Trump: So convincing that we all thought the guy WAS President. Nobody had the heart to tell him it was just a cameo so he went full on method and stayed 4 years. What a guy 😉
- Harrison Ford /Air Force One: Commanding, human, likeable, good in a fight, decent family man with a ballsy foreign policy and zero tolerance on terror. Almost played by Kevin Costner.
- Jamie Foxx / White House Down: Gets captured. I prefer a POTUS who does not get captured. Still cool.
- Jack Nicholson /Mars Attacks!: Just Jack. Seriously. He even speaks French at one point.
- Mike Douglas /The American President: A nice break from all those nasty 90s sex stuff thrillers.
- Bruce Greenwood: So good he has played POTUS, twice! National Treasure 2 and 13 Days.
- Kevin Kline /DAVE: A nice guy in the White House? Nah. That’d never work, right? 😉
- Jon Voight / Pearl Harbor: Stirring. Inspirational. And pure fiction. 🙂
- George Clooney /Executive Orders: Ok. They never made this Jack Ryan film. But almost did. Shame!
- ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER! Many in joke references scattered across movies. Oh what might have been: he would have brought economic vision, pastoral care, showbiz fun, grit and charm.
Good luck, President Biden. GOD BLESS AMERICA. X