SPECIAL GUEST CONTRIBUTOR: DONNA / ‘VESPER’ Talks us through why a needless diversity drive can actually undermine the very concept of..diversity..by forcing one to keep second guessing writers/ directors/actors, rather than simply enjoying the show?!
- Dream’s most faithful servant Lucian (white and male in the comics), is now female and black Lucienne.
- A middle class family living in a very well appointed London house in 1916 is black (how?).
- Cain and Abel are Indian rather than Levantine.
- Death is black (isn’t THAT racist?)
- Lucifer Morningstar is a woman, but she is white, which brings us onto the few white characters. Other than Dream himself, who, though white is also somewhat chubby-faced and has zero charisma, every single white character is a bad person.
- There is the Magus who imprisons Dream, his son who keeps Dream imprisoned but, as we are supposed to feel sympathy for him, is also gay, a woman who steals Dream’s items and uses them to make herself rich and live forever, and her son, a psychopathic murderer. And that’s it for white people.